Southern Erie County
As the area recovers from its first major snow event of the season, the group A Better Blasdell has warm weather on the mind as it holds its annual “Bahamas in Blasdell” from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Sunday at Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
The cost – which is $20 pre-sale or $25 at the door – includes food, pop and coffee. There is a cash bar as well. The fundraiser will include a number of raffles, including a night on the town, a lottery tree and several basket raffles.Tickets can be purchased at Rocko’s Tacos, Forster’s Pharmacy, Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, or by calling David Adrian at 983-6480.
• The Blasdell Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Blasdell Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The Angola Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Angola Village Hall, 41 Commercial St.
• The Lake Shore Central School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday inside of the library media center at Lake Shore High School, 959 Beach Road, Angola.
• The Boston Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Boston Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• Three Buffalo Bandits players and the team’s mascot spread an anti-bullying message and taught lacrosse fundamentals to Colden Elementary School students during an assembly in the Springville-Griffith Institute Central School District. Forwards Mark Steenhuis, Dhane Smith and Mitch Jones told children about the importance of being kind and let them participate as they demonstrated some skills Jan. 5 in the gymnasium.
Thomas Szczerbacki, a physical education teacher, scored a goal against Rax the mascot to win ticket vouchers to any Bandits game for the students.
• The North Collins School Board meets in a work session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library at 2045 School St. Board members postponed the session last Tuesday night because of the snowstorm. A “meet and greet” will let residents and staff members meet Scott Taylor, the new superintendent, at 5:30 p.m. in the library.
• The Springville Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St. The board changed the meeting from onday night because of Martin Luther King Day.
• The Springville-Griffith Institute School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
• A knitting and crocheting club meets at 10 a.m. on the third Wednesday of each month in the Concord Senior Center at 40 Commerce Drive. Anyone interested should bring yarn, needles and projects. No registration is necessary.
• The American Red Cross will conduct a blood drive from 1 to 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Concord Town Hall at 86 Franklin St. Call 1-800-RED-CROS to schedule an appointment.
• The Eden School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the junior-senior high school’s cafeteria at 3150 Schoolview Road.
• The Evans Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall at 8787 Erie Road.
• Parent Network of Western New York will present “Understanding Special Education” from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday in Pioneer High School at 12145 Countyline Road in Yorkshire. For more details and to register, visit www.parentnetworkwny.org or call 332-4170 or the toll-free number, 866-277-4762.
• Student Government plans to show the PG-rated Disney movie “Inside Out” at 5:30 p.m. Friday in the North Collins Junior-Senior High School’s auditorium. Tickets will cost $1 per person at the door.