Two men were arrested and a third is being sought in the assault on a Congress Street neighbor Thursday evening.
Id Ahmed Waris of Congress Street and a second unidentified man each were charged with second-degree assault, false personation, third-degree criminal trespass, third-degree criminal mischief, second-degree harassment and unlawful possession of marijuana.
Police said the three men swore at the victim, entered his yard, pulled him from beneath his car and attacked him, breaking his cellphone and bruising him.
Buffalo police also reported other violence throughout the city:
• A Tacoma Avenue man was robbed at gunpoint Wednesday evening by two males while he was outside his apartment talking to a woman. The attackers displayed a silver revolver and pressed it against the victim’s back, forcing him into his own apartment before pistol-whipping and kicking him in the head, requiring stitches.
The robbers make off with children’s gifts and cellphones.
• Oraine P. Mitchell-Grant of Grote Street was charged Thursday night with third-degree assault, assaulting a police officer and second-degree harassment following an attack on a Grote Street woman.
He is accused of grabbing the woman around the neck, lifting her off the ground and slamming her into a doorway in an attempt to shove her down the stairs.
• Emily Martinez, 23, of Massachusetts Avenue, was charged with assault Thursday morning following a fight in a Perkins Place residence with another woman, who suffered pain, swelling and bruising.
• Milton Jones, 36, and Ebony M. McGill, 32, were charged with assault Thursday following related incidents a month apart.
Jones, of Wendel Avenue, Kenmore, is accused of an attack on McGill in her 19th Street home on Nov. 29, when he also broke her cellphone, police said. McGill, who was 35 weeks pregnant, was transported to Women & Children’s Hospital for treatment.
On Thursday, McGill was accused of emerging from her car on Chenango and attacking Jones after arguing with another woman on the scene. Jones, this time the victim suffered scratches, pain and swelling on the right side of his face and neck, police said.
• Romel Goforth, no age listed, of French Street is charged with second-degree assault and second-degree strangulation for allegedly punching his girlfriend in the face and head, causing bruises and lacerations. He also choked her with an extension cord, causing her to pass out, police said. She was taken to Buffalo General Medical Center by ambulance.
• Three males jumped from behind bushes at Minnesota and Comstock avenues Friday morning, beating another man with a baseball bat and stealing $60 in cash.
• A bandit wearing a mask and hoodie broke into a Lowell Street home Thursday night, pointed a gun at a woman, who picked up a kitchen knife, sending the man fleeing out a door and over a fence.
The bandit also ransacked rooms.
• Five shots were fired from a black vehicle on South Division Street on Wednesday night, with one smashing through the kitchen window of a home in the 500 block of North Division. Bullet fragments were found on the kitchen table and in a hallway leading from the kitchen to the living room.