• Erie County Trappers Association, Hamburg Rod & Gun Club, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Annual Christmas Party. Call 337-2556.
• Genesee County Chapter of SCOPE, Calvary Baptist Church, Batavia, food at 6:30 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesday. Call (585) 356-4992.
• Wyoming/Genesee County Chapter of Pheasants Forever, Louie’s Lounge, Attica, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call (585) 591-0339.
• Niagara County Chapter of SCOPE, Wilson Conservation Club, 2394 Wilson-Cambria Road, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call 791-4628 or (585) 733-5968.
• Allied Sportsmen’s Club, 12846 Clinton St., Marilla, 7 p.m., Wednesday. Call 937-3615.
• Erie County Chapter of Bassmasters, Doc Sullivan’s Bar, 474 Abbott Road, 7:30 p.m., Wednesday. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lake Ontario Trout & Salmon Association, 4-H Cornell Cooperative Extension, 4487 Lake Ave., Lockport, 7 p.m., Thursday. Call 636-0519.
• Allied Sportsmen’s Club JOAD (Junior Archery Development Program), 12846 Clinton St., Alden, 9 a.m. and advanced students at 11 a.m., Saturdays for youths of all ages. Call 440-1582.
• Ladies Shoot N’ Hoot Pot Luck Christmas Shoot, North Forest Rod & Gun Club, 6257 Old Niagara Road, Lockport, Saturday, special rates for junior ladies (ages 12-7), registrations must be made by Monday. Call 628-9023.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification class dates and for classes nearest your location, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” VFW Post No. 1419, 2985 Lakeview Road, Hamburg, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday. Call 903-2558 or visit email@example.com.
• Jim Carr Class: ““Utah, Florida, Arizona Multi-State Class,” Niagara Gun Range, 3355 Niagara Falls Blvd., North Tonawanda, 9 a.m., Saturday. Call 693-4000 or visit niagaragunrange.com. For all classes, visit carrpsc.com.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “NYS P8stol Permit Class,” 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Orvis Buffalo “Down the Hatch” Fly Fishing Film Festival, Eastern Hills Mall store, festivities start at 6 p.m., film showing at 7 p.m., Thursday. Free admission but space limited. To reserve, call 276-7200 or visit Orvis.com/buffalo.
• Niagara Frontier Gun Show: Knights of Columbus Hall, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Dec. 13. For more details, visit nfgshows.com.
• 2 the Outdoors Environmental Forum, UB Center for Tomorrow, 7:30 p.m., Dec. 15. Call 548-7659 or email: Terry.Belke@wgrz.com.
• Erie County Trappers Association Fur Handling Seminar, Collins Conservation Club, 2636 Conger Road, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Jan. 2, featuring talks and exhibits, numerous activities for kids and Hoot’s trapping supplies and finished fur items. For more details, call 337-2556.
• Greater Niagara Fishing & Outdoor Expo, Conference & Event Center, Niagara Falls, Jan. 22-24, more than 100 exhibitors and 120 seminars, including national and regional experts such as Dave Genz, Mark Romanack, Lance Valentine, Charlie Alsheimer, Scott Brauer, Frank Campbell, Matt Yablonski and many others. For exhibitor and format details, call 278-2100 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jerry Bastedo Retirement Party, JPs Pub & Banquet Facility, Lake View, 5 p.m., Saturday. Bastedo retires as Penn Dixie executive director after more than 25 years of service. For reservations, call 603-9340 or 410-0614.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Breakfast with Santa,” 9 a.m.-noon, Saturday; and “Walk at Knox Farm State Park–Knox Winter Stroll.” Call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Wildlife of Erie County (for ages 8 and older),” 6-8 p.m., Tuesday. Call 825-6397 (ext. 338) or visit TIFFT.org.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Program: “Playing with Books Workshop (for adults and youths ages 10 and older),” 10 a.m., Saturday. Call 683-5959.
• New York State Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “Go and Catch a Falling Star,” Evangola State Park, 7-9 p.m., Dec. 13. Call 549-1050.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Como Park Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 651-9877; and “14th Annual Friday Night Christmas Hike – Niagara Falls, N.Y. to Niagara Falls, Canada,” 6:30 p.m., Friday. Call 694-4346 by noon Thursday. For all Foothills events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Old Growth Forest Visit - Bishop Woods and Dark Woods,” 10 a.m., Saturday; and “Indoor Ed-Venture - Evergreens,” 2 p.m., Dec. 6. Call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email email@example.com.