Southern Erie County
The Springville Moose Lodge 1249 will host a Thanksgiving dinner to benefit Wings Flights of Hope.
A turkey dinner with side dishes and dessert will be offered from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 22 in the lodge at 13080 Buffalo Road in Springville.
For more details, call the lodge at 592-3806.
• An informational session will be given about fish barriers and native brook trout habitat by Buffalo Niagara Riverkeeper from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Monday at Boston Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
The emphasis of the group has been to identify fish barriers within the Niagara River Watershed. Long term, they would like to prioritize barriers and streams in headwater areas with the goal of future restoration. The group also has a particular emphasis on improving the range of native brook trout habitat.
After the presentation, the floor will be opened up to questions from the audience. Coffee and donuts will be provided.
• The Evans Town Board has set a special meeting to discuss a proposed local law that would override the tax levy limit at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the Town Hall at 8787 Erie Road.
• A Springville Village Board meeting will start at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• Mr. K of Ancient Eyes Productions will present his mobile dome planetarium at 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Hulbert Library of the Town of Concord at 18 Chapel St. in Springville. The planetarium shows photographs of planets and stars from the Hubble Space Telescope. A limited number of children may register. Registration is required by calling the library at 592-7742.
• The Lake Shore Central School Board will hold a regular meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday inside of the Library Media Center at Lake Shore High School, 959 Beach Road, Angola.
• A Springville-Griffith Institute Board of Education meeting will begin at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
• An Eden Planning Board meeting has been scheduled for 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Town Hall’s second-floor conference room at 2795 E. Church St. To view the agenda, visit the town government’s website at www.edenny.org.
• The American Red Cross has set a blood drive from 1 to 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Concord Town Hall at 86 Franklin St. To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-RED-CROS.
• An Eden Board of Education meeting will start at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the junior-senior high school’s cafeteria at 3150 Schoolview Road.
• The Evans Town Board will conduct a regular meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall.
• The Boston Town Board will hold a regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Boston Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• To view the Springville Concord Elder Network’s list of fall activities, visit the town government’s website at www.townofconcordny.com and click “community information” and “senior citizens” or call the organization at 592-2768.