How they fared
1. Canisius (4-0): Beat DePaul Catholic (NJ), 17-14. Next week: Friday at St. Francis, 7 p.m.
2. Orchard Park (4-0): Beat Hutch-Tech, 48-26. Next week: Friday at V-Pittsford, 6:30 p.m.
3. South Park (3-1): Beat West Seneca West, 34-0. Next week: Friday at Hamburg, 7 p.m.
4. Lancaster (3-1): Beat Frontier, 53-6. Next week: Saturday at Hutch-Tech, 1 p.m.
5. Bishop Timon-St. Jude (4-0): Beat Jamestown, 30-13. Next week: Friday vs. V-Aquinas, 7 p.m.
6. St. Francis (2-2): Lost to V-Aquinas, 48-7. Next week: Friday vs. Canisius, 7 p.m.
7. West Seneca East (4-0): Beat McKinley, 49-22. Next week: Friday vs. Iroquois, 7 p.m.
8. Jamestown (3-1): Lost to Bishop Timon-St. Jude, 30-13. Next week: Friday at Frontier, 7 p.m.
9. Williamsville North (3-1): Beat North Tonawanda, 40-18. Next week: Friday at Grand Island, 7 p.m.
10. Starpoint (4-0): Beat Lockport, 17-14. Next Week: Saturday vs. Kenmore East, 2 p.m.
1. Cheektowaga (4-0): Beat Tonawanda, 43-0. Next week: Friday at Burgard, 7 p.m.
2. Bennett (3-1): Beat JFK, 60-0. Next week: Saturday at Cleveland Hill, 2 p.m.
3. Springville (3-0): Did not play. Next week: Friday vs. Dunkirk, 7 p.m.
4. Alden (4-0): Beat Depew, 28-6. Next week: Friday vs. Medina, 7 p.m.
5. Cleveland Hill (4-0): Beat Lackawanna, 34-8. Next week: Saturday vs. Bennett, 2 p.m.
6. Dunkirk (3-0): Beat Pioneer, 18-3. Next week: Friday at Springville, 7 p.m.
7. Lackawanna (3-1): Lost to Cleveland Hill, 34-8. Next week: Saturday at JFK, 1:30 p.m.
8. East Aurora (3-1): Beat Albion, 14-12. Next week: Friday vs. Depew, 7 p.m.
9. Maple Grove/Chautauqua Lake (3-1): Beat Falconer/Cassadaga Valley, 39-0. Next week: Friday at Randolph, 7 p.m.
10. Depew (2-2): Lost to Alden, 28-6. Next week: Friday at East Aurora, 7 p.m.
• Kwaine Davis rushed for 217 yards and three scores in leading Maryvale to a 49-30 win over Fredonia.
• Grayson Taylor scored on a 70-yard run, finishing with 198 on 18 rushes during Cleveland Hill’s 34-8 win at Lackawanna.
• Joe Harrison rushed for 216 yards and two touchdowns as Timon-St. Jude earned a convincing 30-13 win at Jamestown.
• Lyle Grant rushed for 179 yards and two second-half touchdowns in leading unbeaten Alden to a 28-6 win at division rival Depew.
• Iroquois’ Brandon Yax rushed for 231 yards during the Chiefs’ 18-7 loss to Hamburg.
• Andrew Hwang rushed for 186 of his team’s 314 yards during Williamsville North’s key Class A North win at North Tonawanda.
• Dominick Prince finished with 238 yards on 20 rushes during Burgard’s 26-13 win over Lewiston-Porter.
• Darren Thompson ran 16 times for 129 yards and a touchdown and contributed six tackles on defense to help St. Joe’s defeat St. Mary’s, 35-19.
• Devyn Nelson returned to the lineup for defending state Class D champion Randolph on Friday, rushing for 114 yards and three touchdowns in a 37-6 rout of Portville.
• Jake Cotter rushed only eight times but made the most of his carries, scoring twice and amassing 244 yards for Medina in a 50-15 win over Barker/Roy-Hart.
• Dan Speyer completed 10-of-19 passes for 273 yards and three touchdowns in leading Lancaster to a 53-6 win over Frontier.
• West Seneca East’s John Dolac III had another strong all-around game in victory. He scored four touchdowns, rushed for 126 yards and made 11 tackles and an interception in a 40-22 win over McKinley.
• DeAngelo Walker-Johnson rushed for 93 yards, passed for 98 and returned an interception 33 yards during Kenmore West’s 38-15 win over Clarence.
• Dylan McDuffie rushed for 275 of his team’s 396 yards as Sweet Home earned its first win of the season in thrilling 35-34 overtime fashion at Williamsville East.
From Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from this weekend’s games at the Prep Talk blog, including interviews from Williamsville North’s 40-18 win at North Tonawanda and Starpoint’s 17-14 triumph over Lockport. Our scoreboard page also has additional details from several games.
Check out photo galleries from this weekend’s games and look at past galleries capturing riveting images from training camps as teams prepared for the 2015 season.
In a huge Class B South clash between unbeatens, Dunkirk visits Springville for a 7 p.m. Friday clash at Pop Warner Field. St. Francis plays under the lights of its new Polian Family Field surface at 7 p.m. Friday against Canisius. Orchard Park hits the road to play a tough nonleague contest at Section V’s Pittsford. Also Friday, Cheektowaga visits Burgard in a Class B West clash and South Park visits Hamburg in Class A South. On Saturday, the potential game of the year in Class C North has Bennett visiting Cleveland Hill in a clash between division unbeatens. Kenmore West hosts Niagara Falls at 2 p.m. in a key Class AA North clash.