• Canandaigua Lake Chapter of Trout Unlimited, Canandaigua VA Medical Center, Building 5 Auditorium, 400 Fort Hill Ave., 7:30 p.m., Monday. Peter Austerman, aquatic biologist will discuss “A Current Update of DEC Region 8 Fishery Projects.” Call (585) 360-1812 or visit canandaigualaketu.org.
• Dorie Miller Rifle & Pistol Club, Frank E. Merriweather Jr. Library, 1324 Jefferson Ave., at East Utica, 5:30 p.m., Wednesday. Call 771-0138 or visit maxit.com.
• Chautauqua County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Mayville Conservation Club, Bloomer Road (off Route 394) 7:30 p.m., Wednesday. Call 640-2776.
• West Falls Conservation Society 15-Target 3-D Archery Shoots, 55 Bridge St., 4 p.m.-dusk, Thursday, shoot as much as you like, spaghetti dinner available; and 7 a.m.-2 p.m., Sept. 27, open to all shooters, breakfast available. Call 655-5030.
• Boston Valley Conservation Society 2015 Fall Pistol League, Zimmerman Road, starts Thursday with relays at 6, 7 and 8 p.m. and continues to Dec. 10. Call 337-3555.
• Ten-X Shooting Club Niagara Frontier Rifle League begins Oct. 7 and goes to April 6.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Firearms Training of WNY Classes: “New York State Pistol Permit Class,” VFW Post No. 1419, Hamburg, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday; and Utah, Florida, Arizona Multi-State Concealed Carry Pistol Permit Class,” Northtown Center, 6-9 p.m., Thursday. Call 903-2558 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jim Carr Class: “Utah, Florida, Arizona Multi-State Concealed Carry Pistol Permit Class,” K&K Guns, Varysburg, 8 a.m., Saturday. Call (585) 535-0248 or visit kkguns.com. For all Carr classes, visit carrpsc.com.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• John Michalovic Waterfowl ID Course, Sweet Home Middle School, 4150 Maple Road, Amherst, walk-ins welcome, 6-10 p.m., Wednesday.
• Ten-X Shooting Club “Budd Schroeder NRA Instructor Training Class,” 853 Ransom Road, Lancaster, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday and Oct. 3, students must attend both classes. To pre-register, email: email@example.com.
• Second Annual Greater Niagara Frontier Fishing & Hunting Show, North Bailey Fire Co., 966 Sweet Home Road, Amherst, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., today. New & used gear for hunting and fishing. All admissions benefit Niagara County Fish Odyssey and Honored American Veterans Afield.
• SCOPE 50th Anniversary 2015 Annual Awards Banquet, Lucarelli’s Banquet Center, Lackawanna, Oct. 17. Keynote speaker: Rob Astorino. For details on donating prizes, and order form for individual and group rates, visit scopeny.org.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java. Events: “Delaware Park Birding with Naturalist Tom Kerr,” 8-10:30 a.m., Saturday; and “Family Walk at Beaver Meadow,” 2 p.m., Sept. 27. Call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Events: “First Day of Fall Family Hike,” 7-8:30 p.m., Wednesday; and “Full Harvest Moon Hike (for ages 18 and older),” 7:30-9 p.m., Sept. 27. Call 825-6397 (ext. 338) or visit TIFFT.org.
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Programs: “Sanctuary Walk (Adults only),” 10:30 a.m., Saturday: and “Habitat Hunt (for children ages 12 and younger),” 2 p.m., Sept. 27. Call 683-5959.
• New York State Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “Evangola Trail Loop Series: Big Tree Walk,” Evangola State Park, 10:a.m.-12:30 p.m., Saturday. Call 549-1050.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Ellicott Creek Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 691-6750: and “North Country National Scenic Trail Day at Allegany State Park,” 8:30 a.m., Saturday, call 316-4388. For all Foothills events, visit foothillstrailclub.org.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Event: “18th Annual WNY Earth Science Day at Penn Dixie,” 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Oct. 10. Professional and expert presentations; Girl and Boy Scout merit badge programs. Call 626-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Earth Spirit Autumn 2015 Living Naturally Series Event: “Fishing Adventure,” North Millgrove Lake, 10 a.m.- 1 p.m., Saturday. Call 941-6267 or visit earthspiritedu.org /events.
• Fall Bird Walk at Bond Lake Nature Center, 2571 Lower Mountain Road, Ransomville, 9 a.m., Saturday. Call 694-3488 or visit freewebs.com/bondlake.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Fiddler’s Elbow Hike – Scenic Loop Series,” 10 a.m., Thursday; and “Animal Walk-Visit a Beaver Pond,” 5 p.m., Sept. 27. Call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.