Syndicate Restaurant and Brewery: 6863 Lundy’s Lane, Niagara Falls (syndicaterestaurant.ca)
• Craft beers as well farm-to-table dishes that include grass-fed meats.
Taps on Queen: 4680 Queen St., Niagara Falls (tapsbeer.ca)
• Small batch brew pub with nightly specials.
High Road Brewing Co.: Niagara-on-the-Lake (facebook.com/highroadbrewing)
• This contract brew operation makes small batches for other breweries and special events
The Exchange Brewery: Niagara-on-the-Lake (facebook.com/theexchangebrewery)
• Scheduled to open in the coming months on Queen Street in Old Town, owner Robin Ridesic joined forces with Silversmith Brewery on Friday to release Téléphonique, a Belgian table beer.
Brock Brewing Co.: Vineland (brockbrewing.ca)
• This brewery is planned for the Twenty Valley wine region outside St. Catharines.
Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery: Barrie (theflyingmonkeys.ca)
• Opened in 2004, this brewery is a big hit at Ontario beer festivals and one of few in the province with the capacity to ship beers to New York. They include its popular Smashbomb Atomic IPA.
Mill Street Brewery: Toronto (millstreetbrewery.com)
• This 9-year-old brewery in the city’s Distillery District includes a tasting area and restaurant.
Steam Whistle: Toronto (steamwhistle.ca)
• Opened in 2000 near the CN Tower, the brewery will host an Oktoberfest party on Saturday.
For a larger list, see the Ontario Beer Network website, momandhops.ca.
On the Web: See more photos at galleries.buffalonews.com.
Worth the trip