Share this article

print logo

Second arrest made in Sept. 1 slaying of barber

A second arrest has been made in the murder of Juan Ortiz-Santiago, 28, a barber who was gunned down two weeks ago while giving a haircut in a shop at 577 Niagara St., Buffalo police reported.

Luis Olivera, 24, was taken into custody in Astabula, Ohio, on Friday, police said Monday. He is expected to be returned to Buffalo, where he’ll be charged, said Michael DeGeorge, police spokesman.

Victor Martinez, 29, already faces second-degree murder charges in connection with the death of the popular barber around 11:30 a.m. Sept. 1 in the 500 block of Niagara. Martinez was arrested last week.

Ortiz-Santiago was the father of three.