Southern Erie County
North Collins High School students plan to collect returnable bottles and cans to benefit the Marine Biology Club and senior class.
School district residents may place bottles or cans worth 5 or 10 cents in a bag marked “MBC” for marine biology club near their front door or on the curb before 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
Students expect to collect them until 1:30 p.m. They ask residents not to leave them out overnight because someone else may take them.
Residents may also deliver them to the high school before 1:30 p.m. Saturday or Eden Recycling on Main Street in the Town of Eden before or after the collection day.
Those who take them to the recycling center should mention they are donating them to the high school.
If residents have questions, they should call the high school’s office at 337-0101 ext. 304.
• The Angola Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday at Village Hall, 41 Commercial St.
• The Lake Shore School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Library Media Center at Lake Shore High School, 959 Beach Road, Angola.
• The Blasdell Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The Boston Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The Eden Library Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the library at 2901 E. Church St.
• The Evans Town Conservation Advisory Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Town Hall’s records room at 8787 Erie Road.
• The Holland Historical Society meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Old Fire Hall, 49 Main St. On Wednesday, the historical society will be taking a trip to Genesee Country Museum in Mumford. The cost is $13, and the group has rented a trolley for the day. While some food will be available on grounds, attendees are encouraged to bring a lunch. The trolley leaves from the town parking lot on Main Street at 9:30 a.m.
• The Springville Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• A hearing about the proposed group home for the developmentally disabled at 8621 Jennings Road in the Town of Eden is at 1 p.m. Tuesday in the Town Hall’s first-floor meeting room at 2795 E. Church St.
• The Springville Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building.
• The Springville Historic Preservation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building.
• The Springville-Griffith Institute Board of Education meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
• The American Red Cross holds a blood drive from 1 to 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Concord Town Hall at 86 Franklin St. To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-RED-CROS.
• The Eden School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the junior-senior high school’s cafeteria at 3150 Schoolview Road.
• The Boston Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Boston Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The North Collins Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in a special meeting at Town Hall at 10569 Main St.
• The Eden Economic Advisory Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. Thursday on the Town Hall’s second floor.
• The Springville Concord Elder Network has a fall activity lineup. To view the list, visit www.townofconcordny.com and click “community information” and “senior citizens” or call 592-2768.