It’s the week to clean up!
This is large trash pickup in the Village of Hamburg. It will be collected on the regular garbage day.
The 30th Annual Great Lakes Beach Sweep will take place from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday All volunteers are welcome. The base is at Woodlawn Beach State Park on Route 5 in Hamburg.
More than 6,800 volunteers participated in the 2014 New York State Beach Cleanup, and they cleaned 245 miles of shoreline. Among the items picked up were 16,711 plastic bottles, 8,037 cans and 7,777 glass bottles.
• The Town Board meets in a work session at 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1 followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room in Town Hall, 6100 S. Park Ave.
• The Hamburg Central School Board meets at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday in the Administration Building, 5305 Abbott Road, with the Audit Committee. A public hearing on the alternative veterans tax exemption will take place at 6 p.m., followed by an executive session at 6:30 p.m. The board will conduct its regular session immediately following the executive session.
• The Hamburg village Architectural Review Committee meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Shops at Lake Avenue, which is the former Hills Plaza at 4271 Lake Ave.
• The town Planning Board will discuss Michael Jablonski’s request for a special use permit for two wind energy systems at his property at 3134 Old Lakeview Road during the board’s work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Room 7B of Town Hall. A regular meeting follows at 7 p.m., with the board to discuss the proposal from Two 19 Sports to construct a sports complex at 5160 Camp Road and a proposal from Glenn Wetzl to rezone vacant land on the northeast corner of McKinley Parkway for a planned residential district.
• The Blasdell Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal parking lot, with entrances on Main and Union streets. There will be music in Peace Park, across from the Palace Theater, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• A ribbon cutting ceremony is set for the newly-expanded Hamburg Public Library, 102 Buffalo St., at 2 p.m. Thursday.
• “Haunted Hamburg” walking tour of the village will start at 7 p.m. Saturday evenings at Main Street Ice Cream, 35 Main St., and continue every Saturday night through Halloween. Cost is $10 per person, children under 7 are free.