The Amherst Historic Preservation Commission will host a lecture at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Williamsville Meeting House, 5658 Main St.
The speaker will be Herbert Schmidt, executive director of the Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village, formerly known as the Amherst Museum, who will speak on “Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village: A Retrospective.”
The event is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be served.
• Erie County sponsors a free rabies clinic for dogs, cats, and ferrets from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Noonan Center Garage of the Erie Community College North Campus, 6205 Main St., Amherst.
The event is organized by the Erie County Department of Public Health, in partnership with the Niagara Frontier Veterinary Society, the SPCA serving Erie County and Medaille Veterinary Technology. For additional information, call Erie County Legislator Edward Rath’s office at 858-8676 or e-mail Edward.email@example.com.
• The Amherst Veterans Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St.
• The Government Study Committee meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the municipal building.
• The Sweet Home School Board will hold its September voting meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesdayin the Vergils Center of Sweet Home High School, 1901 Sweet Home Road, Amherst.
• The Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the municipal building.
• The Historic Preservation meets at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday in the municipal building.
• The Recycling and Waste Committee meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal building.
• The Amherst Planning Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the municipal building.