Before you settle into your seat, whether it be at Ralph Wilson Stadium or on your couch for Sunday's season opener between the Buffalo Bills and Indianapolis Colts at 1 p.m., here is a rundown of coverage, with links, from both cities.
• Unfortunately, the night before the game featured a tragedy at Ralph Wilson Stadium, as a fan committed suicide late Saturday night in the stadium camper lot at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
• Tyler Dunne profiles Tyrod Taylor, the Bills' new starting quarterback.
• Milt Northrop's Sunday Playbook looks at the rookie quarterbacks and head coaches making their debuts Sunday.
• In his Sunday column, Jerry Sullivan writes that "there’s been plenty of tough talk, but the time for talking is at an end. Today, it’s about action, about what happens between the lines and inside the headsets. It’s about Ryan proving he’s still a leader, motivator and master tactician, a head coach who can elevate a team and make a difference."
• Vic Carucci offers up his season predictions in his Inside the NFL column.
• The Bills-Colts scouting report looks at where the Bills may attack the Colts' defense.
• The News will have two podcasts on the Bills this season. Dunne and Tim Graham team up for "Dunne with Graham," and in this week's debut welcome guests Tim Bontemps of the New York Post and Albert Breer of NFL Network. Carucci and Jay Skurski also are back with the BN Blitz podcast. Topics on this week's episode include Marcell Dareus' contract extension and an overall season preview.
• The News has expanded its roster of "experts" picking NFL games each week. This week, Adam Benigni of WGRZ-TV Ch. 2 joins in the fun, or pain, that comes with picking each game against the spread. Laugh at our results here.
On the other side ...
• Gregg Doyel writes in the Indianapolis Star that the 2015 Colts' season is all about quarterback Andrew Luck.
• Zak Keefer offers up five storylines to watch in Sunday's game.
• Keefer and Stephen Holder have their "Insider preview" video.
• Keefer has a long read on Colts coach Chuck Pagano.
• Holder looks at whether running back Frank Gore will be on a "pitch count."