Monday is the last day that books will be accepted for the upcoming book sale at the Marilla Free Library.
The annual event, hosted by Friends of the Marilla Free Library, takes place Sept. 18-20 at the Marilla Community Center, 1810 Two Rod Road.
Doors open at 9 a.m. Sept. 18 with the event continuing until 8 p.m. The $4 “Bag Sale Saturday” runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 19.
The event continues Sept. 20 from noon to 4 p.m. with a $3 bag sale and runs in conjunction with the annual Marilla Ag Day.
Books, puzzles and niche magazines may be dropped off at the library, 11637 Bullis Road, on Monday until 6 p.m.
Reader’s Digest condensed books, text books, encyclopedias, video tapes and DVDs will not be accepted.
• The Elma Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road.
• The Elma Public Library Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the library meeting room, 1860 Bowen Road.
• A work session of the Marilla Town Board will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the upper meeting room at Town Hall, 1720 Two Rod Road.
• The Wales Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Road.
• A meeting of the Marilla Conservation Advisory Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 1740 Two Rod Road.
• The Marilla Town Board’s monthly meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the lower meeting room at Town Hall.
• The Polish Genealogical Society of New York State will host its annual genealogy workshop from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, at St. Gabriel RC Church hall located on Clinton St. in Elma.
David Kendall, Ph.D., Assistant Professor Emeritus at SUNY Brockport, will be the guest speaker at 1 p.m. His presentation will be on “The Future in Genealogy.”
This “all ethnics” workshop is free and open to the public. The Buffalo Irish Genealogical Society will also be in attendance.
The event includes family tree displays, computer research, database resources, cemetery searches, polish maps, along with professional assistance.