The East Aurora Chamber of Commerce celebrates its 70th anniversary at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 22, at the 189 Public House on Main Street where the following people and businesses will be recognized with a special series of awards that reflect their community contributions: Cy’s Pharmacy, the Showcase Award; East Aurora Music Festival, the Happening Award; Buffalo Niagara Film Office, the Journey Award; Bank of America, Excellence in Service Award; Joseph Purcell and Diversified Controls & Systems, the Visionary Award; Pamela & John Voss and the Aktion Club, the Civic Award; and Vidler’s 5&10, the Legend Award and Hall of Fame induction.
• The Roycroft Film Society presents “Calvary,” about a man’s confession to a priest in a small Irish town, 4 p.m. Sunday, Parkdale School Auditorium, 141 Girard Ave. Discussion follows. Tickets $8.
• The Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Village Hall, 571 Main St.
• The Historic Preservation Commission meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the basement red room, Village Hall.
• The East Aurora School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at East Aurora Middle School, 430 Main St.
• The East Aurora Educational Foundation is seeking those interested in joining the Alumni Ambassador Program. As part of the group, you will join a network which includes other East Aurora graduates who not only work together to celebrate and support the education they received, but also the friendships they made.
Members will be informed of various activities, including those through the foundation, district, alumni and reunions. A members’ reunion class will get assistance planning and implementing school-related activities. Also, members will help spread the word about the East Aurora Educational Foundation and the funding it has provided to help make the schools great. For more information visit eastauroraeducationalfoundation.org or call 667-2394 to become a member.