New Road will be closed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday and Friday between Tonawanda Creek Road South and Tonawanda Creek Road North to erect a new pedestrian bridge over Tonawanda Creek.
The project is part of a new section of the Erie Canalway Trail from Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village north through Niagara County to Lockport. The project includes a new bicycle-pedestrian bridge over Tonawanda Creek along the west side of New Road.
• The Amherst Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Council Chambers of the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St., Williamsville.
• The Amherst Recreation Commission meets at 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Northtown Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Drive.
• The Williamsville Board of Education meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the district office boardroom, 105 Casey Road.
• The Sweet Home Board of Education holds a study session at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Norman C. Vergils Community Center, 1901 Sweet Home Road.
• The Senior Services Advisory Board meets at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Amherst Center for Senior Services, 370 John James Audubon Parkway.
• The Amherst Youth Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road.
• Minority/Women Owned Business in Amherst meets at 1 p.m. Thursday in the Amherst Municipal Building.