A utility worker investigating reports of a natural gas odor on LeBrun Circle on Saturday discovered what appeared to be potentially hazardous chemicals in an apartment located above a detached garage, said Amherst police.
The odor was reported at 4 p.m. and triggered the response of the Town of Amherst emergency services coordinator, Eggertsville Hose Company and Brighton Volunteer Fire Co. No. 5 Hazardous Material Response Team.
Upon further investigation, the New York State Police Contaminated Crime Scene Emergency Response Team and the Clandestine Lab Enforcement Team of the Drug Enforcement Administration also responded.
Amherst police reported the potential hazard was remediated, but declined to release any further information on the nature of the hazardous chemical.
No injuries were reported, said Amherst police. No arrests were made.