• Niagara County Federation of Conservation Clubs, Tonawandas Sportsmen’s Club, Pendleton, 7 p.m. Monday. Call 443-1014 or 628-2211.
• Genesee County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Batavia Rod & Gun Club, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Call (585) 768-6278.
• Niagara Frontier 3-D League Shoot, North Forest Rod & Gun Club, Lockport; signups, 3-6 p.m., Tuesday. Call Charlie Burt at 417-2544.
• Doc’s Archery Leagues, 908 Niagara Falls Blvd., North Tonawanda: TechnoHunt Bowhunters’ League and Bowhunters’ Paper Target League start this week, 2-archer teams, and ends before the Oct. 1 bow-season opener. For details, call 693-2703.
• Pennsylvania Bowhunters Festival, Dushore, Pa., Sept. 18-20, pre-registrations must be postmarked by Aug. 7. For complete details, call (510) 924-3025 or visit pabowhunters.com.
• Clays for Heroes Fundraising Shoot, Rochester Brooks International Skeet & Trap Club, 962 Honeoye Falls Road 6, Rush, shooting starts at 9 a.m., awards at 3 p.m., Saturday. Proceeds go to HAVA (Honored American Veterans Afield). For more details, call (585) 533-9913 or 698-5892.
• Wood & Brook Sportsmen’s Club, 13712 Genesee St., Crittenden, Fall Trap League, begins Aug. 4, shooting Tuesdays 6-10:30 p.m. and Sundays 10 a.m.-3 p.m., 937-4061.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Jim Carr Class: “New York State Pistol Permit Class,” Genesee County SCOPE, Calvary Baptist Church, Batavia, 6 p.m., Tuesday. To register, call 778-9431. For all Carr classes, call 778-943 or visit carrpsc.com.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: “Utah, Florida & Arizona Multi-State Pistol Permit Class”, Northtown Center (Pepsi Center, Williamsville, 5:45-9:45 p.m., Tuesday. Call 903-2558 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna; Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Classes,” 6 p.m., Tuesday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Jim Carr Class: “New York State Pistol Permit Class,” Genesee County SCOPE, Calvary Baptist Church, Batavia, 6 p.m., July 28. To register, call 693-4000 or visit niagaragunrange.com. For all Carr classes, call 778-943 or visit carrpsc.com.
• Genesee County Soil & Water Conservation District Summer Fish/Pond Seminar, DeWitt Recreation Area, Cedar St., Batavia, 5 p.m., Wednesday, $2 per person and bring a dish to pass during dinner. Register by Monday; call (585) 343-2362.
• Niagara Frontier Gun Show, Gun & Military Expo, 11177 Main St., Clarence, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Aug. 2, 100 tables, antique to modern firearms, buy, sell or trade, new & used. For details, visit nfgshows.com.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Blue Moon Family Movie Night,” 9 p.m., Friday; and “Observatory at Beaver Meadow,” dusk, Saturday. Most BAS events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Blue Moon Meander (adults only),” 8:15-9:45 p.m., Friday. For all TNP programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Program: “Full ‘Buck Moon’ Walk,” 8:30 p.m., Friday. For registration details and all Environmental Education Center programs, call 683-5959.
• New York State Parks Niagara Region Interpretive Program: “Full Moon,” Beaver Island State Park, 8-10 p.m., Friday. To register, call 282-5154.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Ellicott Creek Trailway Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 835-9728; and “Sturgeon Point Marina – Beach Walk,” 10:30 a.m., Aug. 2, call 655-0699.
• Buffalo Orienteering Club Guided Hike, Chestnut Ridge Park Casino, 6-7:30 p.m., Thursday. Open to all fit to hike, a $7 fee covers a detailed park map; hike uses a map to find checkpoints on and off trail. For more information, call 479-9431 or visit buffalo-0rienteering.org.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Event: “Summer Science Adventure Day Camp,” for girls and boys ages 8-12, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Friday at Penn Dixie, Evangola State Park and Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve. Call 626-4560 or visit penndixie.org.
• Paths, Peaks and Paddles Event: “’Blue’ Full Moon Wine and Cheese Paddle,” Wilson Tuscarora Park, 7:30 p.m., Friday. To register, call 213-0350 or visit pathspeakspaddles.com.
• Oakmoss Education Summer 2015 Nature Program: Herb Workshop at Roycroft Campus Power House, 1-3:30 p.m., Saturday. Call 430-5655 or visit oakmossed.com/programreg.php.
• Barefoot Wine Beach Cleanup, Erie Basin Marina-Emerald Beach, 1-3 p.m., Aug. 2. Visit greatlakes.org/barefoot-wine-adopt-a-beach-events.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Program: “Learn About Letchworth Series – The Dulcet Tones of the Dulcimer, with Musician Beth Sleboda,” 7 p.m., Tuesday. For all LSP programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email email@example.com.