Share this article

print logo

Arcade fire attributed to overheated attic light

ARCADE – A house fire in Arcade Thursday caused $15,000 in damage but no injuries were reported.

The fire was reported at about 9:30 a.m. at 205 Main St., in a rental home owned by Richard and Michelle Bookmiller. No one was living in the house at the time.

Firefighters were on the scene for about two and half hours.

The cause was attributed to an overheated trouble light in the attic.

Volunteer fire companies from Arcade, Strykersville, Yorkshire, Chaffee, Sardinia and Harris Corners responded.