The North Buffalo Organization is teaming up with J&L Auto Repair, 1127 Hertel Avenue, to sponsor a mural design competition as a way to promote public art projects around North Buffalo.
J&L Auto Repair will provide space on its building for the mural on the wall facing the Holy Spirit Church parking lot.
The deadline to submit a piece is 12 p.m. on August 9. A panel of judges will announce the winner on August 13, and an unveiling will take place on August 27.
Local artists interested in submitting artwork must adhere to the following guidelines:
• The theme should convey a positive message, or celebrate the Hertel/North Buffalo area renaissance, be suitable to the general public, and keep in mind its location near a church.
• The artwork must be approximately 15 feet by 75 feet
• Limit one entry per artist
• Send as PDF or JPEG attachment to an email
• $150 for the artist who is selected
All questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.