Saturday marks the 30th annual BurgerFest, which takes place from 11 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. in the municipal parking lot at Main and Buffalo streets.
Food vendors will open at 11 a.m. in the food court in the municipal parking lot, and other activities, including a special opening ceremony marking the 30th anniversary, will start at noon.
Hamburg held its first BurgerFest in 1985 to mark the 100th anniversary of the creation of the hamburger on the Hamburg Fairgrounds in 1885.
BurgerFest is presented by the Hamburg Rotary, Sunrise Rotary, Lions and Kiwanis clubs, whose members spend a year in planning and executing the event, according to festival chairman Gary Rog. Proceeds benefit the local community. The festival has raised approximately $165,000 since 2007.
The sixth annual Character Chase 5K Run/Walk, presented by the Character Council of Western New York in conjunction with BurgerFest, will start at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Union Pleasant Elementary School.
• The Town Board meets in a work session at 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1 in Town Hall, 6100 S. Park Ave., followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room.
• The Hamburg Village Historic Preservation Commission meets at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg Village Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The Frontier Central School Board meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave., for its reorganization meeting. The board plans to enter executive session immediately and then start its reorganization meeting at 7 p.m., followed by a hearing on the code of conduct and then the regular business meeting.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Shops at Lake Avenue, which is the former Hills Plaza at 4271 Lake Ave.
• Blasdell’s concert series at JFK Playground, Allen and Grafton avenues, continues with Krossfire, playing classic and modern rock, at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• The Blasdell Village Board meets at 6 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The town Planning Board holds a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Conference Room 7B followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. The board is to discuss proposals for a sports complex at 5160 Camp Road, apartment projects on Pleasant Avenue and Southwestern Boulevard and a subdivision on Howard Road.
• Heard of Buffalo will perform at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Memorial Park at Lake and Union streets for Hamburg’s summer concert in the park series. The rain site will be Union-Pleasant Elementary School auditorium.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal parking lot, with entrances on Main and Union streets.