By Susan Chiappone
FORESTVILLE – Bruce Ellis was elected president of the Forestville Central School Board during Thursday’s annual organizational meeting.
Amy Drozdziel will serve as vice president. The district’s new business executive, Meaghan Matuszak, was introduced at the meeting.
The board, which met in the school library, also approved the following positions: board clerk, June Prince; district treasurer, Mary Ann Parisi-Wills; tax collector, Vicki Zembryski; claims auditor, Sharon Cervantes; external auditor, R. A. Mercer; extracurricular accounts faculty auditor, Jon LeBaron; substitute caller, Christine Bowker; insurance consultant, The Evans Agency; bond counsel, Hodgson Russ; financial adviser, Municipal Solutions; district attendance officer and records management officer, Renee Garrett; and purchasing agent, Meaghan Matuszak.
In other matters, the board:
• Designated the first Thursday of each month, at 6 p.m., as the regular meeting dates for the 2015-16 school year, with the exception of Sept. 10 and a second monthly meeting in April, as yet to be determined.
• Set cafeteria meal prices at $1.10 for breakfast, $1.60 for lunch in the elementary school and $1.85 for a high school student lunch.
• Agreed to share the following sports with Silver Creek Central School District this fall, including: modified boys soccer, varsity boys soccer, modified girls soccer, varsity girls soccer, modified boys cross-country, modified girls cross-country, varsity boys and girls cross-country, cheerleading, modified football, junior varsity football and varsity football.
• Agreed to share the following spring sports with Silver Creek: modified boys baseball, junior varsity boys baseball, varsity boys baseball, varsity boys track, varsity girls track, varsity boys and girls track and modified lacrosse.
• Agreed to share a varsity swimming program with Fredonia Central School,through Dec. 1.