Southern Erie County
The East Aurora School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday inside of the library at East Aurora Middle School, 430 Main St.
• Free fitness classes will be held at Woodlawn Beach on Saturday The first class, cardio hip hop, will be held at 9 a.m., while the second, boot camp, will be held at 10 a.m.
There will be sign ups for 6-week classes which run each Saturday from July 18 to Aug. 22 though DaniFit. The cost is $48 for members and $59 for non-members. For more information, visit www.danifitbuffalo.com.
• The Hunters Creek Bible Baptist Church, 7184 Hunters Creek Road in Holland holds the Holland Clothing Closet on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The closet provides free, clean quality clothing, and is also open half an hour before services on Sundays and Wednesdays, or by appointment at 537-9511.
• Students may learn critical thinking skills during a three-day camp in the Springville-Griffith Institute Central School District. The S-GI STEAM camp provides hands-on activities involving science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics. Incoming eighth- and ninth-graders may participate in the free program from 8 a.m. to noon July 28 to 30.
To register, call 592-3246 or visit the district’s website at www.springvillegi.org.
• The North Collins Board of Education will conduct its reorganization meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Junior-Senior high school’s library at 2045 School St. A regular meeting will follow.
• The Concord Planning Board’s meeting will start at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Town Hall’s Room 204 at 86 Franklin St.
• A defensive driving course will be offered Tuesday and Wednesday nights in the Evans Senior Center at Erie and Sturgeon Point roads. Preregistration is required and drivers must attend both nights. Call the senior center at 947-0974 to register.
• The Diva Show, a glam band, will perform at 7 p.m. Tuesday in front of Eden Elementary School as part of Music on Main Street. If there is rain, the concert will move to the school’s auditorium.
• Eden Town Board members plan to discuss the proposed group home during a meeting at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Town Hall’s first floor at 2795 E. Church St.
• “One Song” will play country music as the Concerts in the Park series continues from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the Fiddlers Green Park at Buffalo and Franklin streets in the Village of Springville. If there is rain, the show will move to the Concord Town Hall’s second floor. The First Presbyterian Church will offer parking because of the roadwork.
• Concord Town Board members will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday on the Town Hall’s first floor.
• The Eden Board of Education has set a special meeting for 7:30 p.m. Friday in the Junior-Senior High School’s cafeteria at 3150 Schoolview Road. Board members have scheduled a public hearing about a change in the students’ code of conduct.
• Experience Evans, a craft fair, will provide children’s activities, live music, a basket raffle and other attractions from noon to 8 p.m. July 12 in the Evans Town Park. Admission is free. Call Dusti at 507-2324 or Michelle at 343-1168 for more details.