Detect eye problems early when treatment is easiest. The Orchard Park Lions Club will host free annual screening for children up to 5 years old from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, July 18 at the Pediatric & Adolescent Urgent Care of Western New York, 3055 Southwestern Boulevard, Orchard Park.
The event is part of the Lions International “Screening Eyes Early,” or SEE, program. The Orchard Park club screens more than 250 children at a time in the last three years. Confidential results are mailed out from the Ross Eye Center of Buffalo.
• The town Historic Preservation Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday, first floor conference room, Municipal Center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The village Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, first floor conference room, Municipal Center.
• The town Conservation Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, second floor meeting room, Municipal Center.
• The library hosts “Super Hero Training” for children 6 - 12, 3 p.m. Wednesday, 4570 S. Buffalo St. Registration required. Call 662-9851.
• The Town Board meets Wednesday for a 6 p.m. a work session at the Supervisor’s office, Municipal Center.
• The town Planning Board meets for a work session at 7 p.m. Wednesday, supervisor’s meeting room, Municipal Center.
• The Chamber of Commerce hosts its Business Connections networking group, 8 a.m. Thursday, basement meeting room, Municipal Center.
• The library hosts a “Summer Kickoff Party with Nitro Magic” 2 p.m. Friday. Flash freeze ice cream. Call 662-9851 to register.
• Abbott Road closes at 3 p.m. Saturday for the Rolling Stones concert. It reopens at 2 a.m. After the concert, Big Tree Road will be closed to traffic, just as it is after Buffalo Bills games.