Niagara Frontier Radio Reading Service is presenting its “Book & Media Sale for the Blind” this week.
The service broadcasts daily readings of The Buffalo News, as well as other newspapers, magazines, books and printed materials, to blind and print-handicapped people equipped with special “reading radios.”
Books, DVDs, CDs, videos and cassettes will be sold to benefit the reading service. Sale hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday inside the studios at 1199 Harlem Road.
• The Town Board meets at 6:45 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• A Cleveland Hill School Board meeting begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the community room at 105 Mapleview Road.
• The town’s Conservation Advisory Council meets at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Council Office Conference Room on the second floor at Town Hall.
• Drug trends in the area – and police utilization of a heroin antidote – is the subject of Thursday’s meeting of Dick Urban Community Association, which begins at 7 p.m. in Maryvale Primary School, One Nagel Drive. Guest speaker will be Lt. Thomas Gerace of the town’s police department, and Police Chief David J. Zack also is expected to attend.
• A chicken barbecue runs from noon to 5 p.m. June 7 at Francis J. Donovan Post 1626, American Legion, 3210 Genesee St. Dinner includes half a chicken with potato salad, coleslaw, roll and butter, and a beverage. Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children 12 and younger; tickets will be sold day of the event and takeout will be available.