The town’s summer day camp program begins June 29, with registration open to residents and non-residents alike.
Each of the six, one-week programs has a different theme, and includes two field trips, arts and crafts, sports, games and swimming. The weekly fee is $115 for residents and $130 for non-residents; discounted fees are offered for multiple children from the same family.
Register at Kiwanis Youth Center, 50 Legion Parkway, or call 674-6086 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays.
• The town’s Environmental Commission meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Burchfield Nature & Art Center, 2001 Union Road.
• Main Street Marketplace will be open from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday on the grassy hill at Union Road and Main Street, adjacent to Town Hall. Local entertainment will be featured from 5:30 to 7 p.m., weather permitting. In case of wet weather, vendors move to the parking lot at the nearby ice rink.
• West Seneca Rotary will hold a chicken barbecue from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Southgate Plaza, 950 Union Road. Cost is $10 and includes half of a chicken, two sides, a roll and drink. Call 812-3311 to place advance orders. Proceeds benefit the West Seneca Rotary youth programs.
• Fourteen rescue organizations will be featured at PAWS for Summer Pet Expo, to be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Post 8113, Veterans of Foreign Wars, 299 Leydecker Road. Other attractions will include wildlife, a basket raffle, dog wash, pony rides, chicken barbecue and frozen treats for canines. Admission is free.
• “The History of High Tea,” a presentation and tea party, will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Burchfield Nature & Art Center. Guests will be treated to a variety of breads, sandwiches and desserts, along with a selection of teas, and a presentation by LuAnn Gerace from Purrfect Tea & Gift Emporium. Cost is $20 per person. Seating is limited; stop by the center or call 677-4843 for a reservation.