Amherst’s annual spring brush pickup will begin Monday and run through Friday, May 29.
While the spring pickup will run from two weeks, Highway Department crews will go through Amherst neighborhoods only once, so the brush, logs and tree stumps should be set out at curbside by Monday.
Only large, unmanageable piles of logs, brush and tree stumps will be collected. Leaves, small trimmings and other yard waste should be bagged, bundled or put in containers for the weekly collection by Modern Disposal.
• The Amherst Town Board will meet at 7 p.m. on Monday in the Council Chambers of the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St., Williamsville.
• The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Amherst Municipal Building.
• The Amherst Committee on Disabilities will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Northtowns Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Drive.
• The Historic Preservation Committee will meet at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday in the municipal building.
• The Recycling and Waste Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal building.
• The Planning Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the municipal building.
• The Citizens Financial Advisory Committee will meet at 8 a.m. Thursday in the municipal building.