Share this article

print logo

Electrical short blamed for $80,000 house fire in Snyder

An electrical short is believed to have caused a fire that heavily damaged a Snyder home late Monday, according to Amherst Fire Control.

The fire at 180 Darwin Drive began in a second-floor bedroom and was reported at about 9:30 p.m., officials said. Firefighters from Snyder and Eggertsville responded during the severe thunderstorm, knocking down the blaze within 15 minutes.

No injuries were reported, officials said.

Damage was estimated at $80,000 to the structure and $30,000 to the contents.