Southern Erie County
The Springville-Griffith Institute Central School District will conduct “Meet the Candidates,” a Board of Education candidates’ forum, at 7 p.m. Monday in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
Five candidates are vying for three seats. Joan Kelly, Garret English, Tyler Sullivan, Elizabeth Casey and Jeremiah Wallace Kane will answer questions from the event’s sponsor, the Springville and Colden elementary schools’ PTA.
Residents may submit questions to be asked by emailing Julie Moriarty, PTA representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates’ statements can be viewed on the district’s website at www.springvillegi.org.
The board is expanding from five to seven members and Kara Kane is not seeking re-election.
Those who finish first and second will serve three-year terms. The candidate with the third-most votes will serve a year. Terms will begin July 1.
• Jugglers Dave and Kyle Fultz of Gravitational Bull will present a balloon sculpture workshop at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Hulbert Library of the Town of Concord at 18 Chapel St. in Springville. Registration is required by calling the library at 592-7742.
• The Angola Village Board will hold a regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at Angola Village Hall, 41 Commercial St.
• The Eden Library Board’s meeting will begin at 7 p.m. Monday in the library at 2901 E. Church St.
• The North Collins Board of Education’s meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the junior-senior high school’s library at 2045 School St. Officials will start the budget hearing at 7 p.m.
• The Gowanda Village Board will hold a regular meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Gowanda Village Hall, 27 E. Main St.
• The Lake Shore School Board will hold its budget hearing, followed by a work session beginning at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Library Media Center at Lake Shore High School, 959 Beach Road, Angola.
• A Village of Springville Historic Preservation Board meeting is set for 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building at 65 Franklin St.
• The Village of Springville Planning Board meeting will start at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building.
• Eden Town Board members will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Town Hall’s first floor at 2795 E. Church St.
• Concord Town Board members will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday on the Town Hall’s first floor at 86 Franklin St.
• Springville-Griffith Institute Central School District residents may register to vote from noon to 8 p.m. Thursday in the high school’s library, Colden Elementary School at 8263 Boston Colden Road in Colden or the Collins Center Fire Hall at 3514 Main St. in Collins.
• The Springville Concord Elder Network has planned spring activities. For details, visit the town government’s website at www.townofconcordny.com and click “upcoming events” or call the organization at 592-7599.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 591 E. Main St., Springville, will host a book sale, theme basket and flower sale from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
• The Town of Eden Highway Department will accept tires and scrap metal from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at 8197 N. Main St.