Another request for a variance for a wind turbine will be considered when the Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, One Town Place off Goodrich Road.
Ben and Lori Gehl would like to construct a 154-foot wind turbine at their home at 10881 Rapids Road to offset their utility costs. Town code sets the maximum height at 60 feet.
Also scheduled to be reviewed are variance requests for detached accessory structures at 8245 Golden Oak Circle, 9705 Clarence Center Road and 4176 Circle Court; deep front yard setbacks for new single-family homes at 6575 Goodrich Road, 7715 Goodrich Road and 5391 Thompson Road; and division of lots at 9270 Lapp Road and on Martin Road.
Also this week:
• The Clarence School Board holds a public hearing on its proposed 2015-16 budget during its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday in the lecture hall at Clarence High School, 9625 Main St.
Proposed expenditures total $75,392,337, up from $72,591,945 in the current year, while the estimated tax levy is $44,068,450, up from the current $42,439,977. The annual budget vote will be May 19.
• The Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, One Town Place off Goodrich Road, following a work session at 6 p.m.
• The Town Ethics Board meets at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Hallock Room in Town Hall.
• A presentation on the life of Ely S. Parker, a descendant of Red Jacket and a member of Gen. Grant’s staff during the Civil War, will be given by Jeff Donahue, Holland Land Office Museum director, at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Town Park Clubhouse, 10405 Main St.
• Kris Beyer Jones of Destroyer Park Golf will speak on recreation and fitness at the next Clarence Chamber of Commerce AM Networking session at 8 a.m. Wednesday in the Clarence Pizza Company, 6235 Goodrich Road.
• The grand opening of the new Lavocat’s Family Greenhouse and Nursery store at 8441 County Road will be celebrated from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday. Ribbon-cutting is at 5:45 p.m. Chamber of Commerce RSVPs are needed by Monday. Call 631-3888.