Share this article

print logo

Residents escape fire at Buffalo West Side apartment house

Several residents of a West Side apartment building escaped injury from a Saturday morning fire.

The fire at 318 Hampshire St. started before 6:30 a.m. and, when Buffalo firefighters arrived, smoke could be seen coming from the three-story story brick building.

Fire officials estimated damage at $10,000 and indicated the cause of the fire may be a roofer’s torch.

Residents of the apartment building safely escaped the fire.