Among the local news on the day's front page:
"U.S. Heating Co.'s battery plant at Niagara Falls, in flames"
"NIAGARA FALLS -- Fire starting at 7 o'clock this morning is still burning in the storage battery works of the big plant of the United States Light and Heating company.
"Great clouds of yellow smoke tainted with sulphuric acid fumes are rolling from the building and making the work of the firemen not only hazardous, but extremely difficult."
Click on the image below to view a larger version and continue reading.