Leaf pickup in the Village of Hamburg will continue through May 15. After that, leaves will not be picked up again until the fall.
Leaves should be raked to the curb and not bagged or put in containers. Yard waste and garden trimmings can be put in with the leaves. Pickup of yard waste in containers will start after leaf pickup is complete.
• Registration for Hamburg village recreation summer programs begins at 8 a.m. Monday at the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Board will hold a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Frontier Central School Board will hold its 2015-2016 budget hearing at 6 p.m. Tuesday, in Pinehurst Elementary School cafeteria, 6050 Fairway Court, Lakeview. The regularly scheduled workshop will immediately follow the hearing at approximately 7 p.m.
• The Hamburg Central School Board will conduct a budget hearing at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday in Armor Elementary School, 5301 Abbott Road.
• The town Planning Board will conduct a public hearing at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave., on the proposal from Dato Development for a 75-lot subdivision on the former Hopevale School property on Howard Road.
• The Hamburg Village Recreation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Youth Center.
• The Hamburg Village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market is open rain or shine from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the Village of Hamburg Municipal Parking Lot, with entrances on Union and Main streets.
• The town’s Department of Youth, Recreation and Senior Services will present a free Spring/Summer Recreation Expo on from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Hamburg Senior Community Center, 4540 Southwestern Blvd. Town recreation leaders will kick off the event at 10 a.m. with dedication ceremonies to name the recently refurbished gym in honor of Donny Thiry, a recreation employee who loved sports but was prevented from active participation because of physical limitations resulting from neurofibromatosis.