Erie County residents can drop off their hazardous household waste from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday at Erie Community College North Campus, 6205 Main St., Amherst.
Items that can be brought to the site for safe disposal include: pesticides, fertilizers, household chemicals and cleaners, a limit of 2 gallons or 20 pounds; oil-based paints and spray cans (10-gallon limit); paint thinner, stripper and solvents (two-gallon limit); batteries; oil, gasoline, kerosene and antifreeze (10-gallon limit); and thermometers and thermostats containing mercury.
Latex paint, tires, computers, electronics, appliances, pharmaceuticals, fluorescent bulbs and industrial waste will not be accepted.
The event is sponsored by the Erie County Department of Environment & Planning in cooperation with the Town of Amherst, ECC, and Northeast Southtowns Solid Waste Management.
Elsewhere, the workshop “Archives: Secrets Revealed” will be held from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 1424 Maple Road, near Hopkins Road.
The workshop – where local archivists will describe the secrets within their collections and how to access them – will prepare students for the state archives contest.
Students in fourth through 12th grades are welcome to attend. For more information or to reserve a spot contact email@example.com.
• The Amherst Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Council Chambers of the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St., Williamsville.
• The Amherst Central School District Board of Education meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the district office conference room, 55 Kings Highway.
• The Sweet Home School Board will hold a special voting meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday to vote to accept the bids relevant to Phase II of the current capital improvement project. Immediately following the special voting meeting, the board will conduct a public hearing on the proposed 2015-16 district budget. Then, the two candidates running for the school board – Carol Nowak and Michael Morrow – will have the opportunity to address the audience as part of “Meet the Candidates” Night. They are running unopposed in the May 19 school board election. The evening will end with the regularly scheduled May study session. The meetings will take place in the Vergils Center of Sweet Home High School, 1901 Sweet Home Road.
• The Glen Park Joint Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Amherst Municipal Building.
• The Conservation Advisory Council meets at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal building.
• The Traffic Safety Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal building.
• The Williamsville School Board meets in a special meeting and budget hearing at 6 p.m. Thursday. A Parents Teacher Students Association candidates’ forum begins at 7 p.m. The meetings will be held in the district office boardroom, 105 Casey Road, East Amherst.
• The Energy Conservation Citizens Advisory Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the municipal building.