Allen Burger Venture, Mike Shatzel’s heavy-metal burger joint at 175 Allen St., aims to open in three weeks.
“The front of the house is pretty much done,” said Shatzel, a partner in Blue Monk and Coles. He’d like to open ABV around Feb. 23, but there are inspections remaining, he said.
The restaurant should offer 24 taps, mostly craft beers, but possibly tap wines, as well. There’ll be a menu of 15 to 20 burgers, including grass-fed choices, and hopefully local pork in the form of pork burgers and sausage.
Here's the initial list of 10 burgers:
1) Forest mushroom, Cambozola cheese, brandy-peppercorn sauce on a French roll
2) Caraway and horseradish aioli, New York cheddar cheese on a salted roll with au jus for dipping
3) Caramelized Ommegang onions, applewood-smoked bacon, porter cheddar on a French roll
4) Triple-D sauce, All-American cheese, shredded lettuce, onion and pickle on a sesame seed bun
5) Jiffy peanut butter, pickled jalapenos, applewood-smoked bacon and white cheddar on ciabatta
6) BBQ pulled pork, pepperjack cheese and crispy onion rings on ciabatta
7) Sunny-side organic egg, crispy maple bacon and American cheese on ciabatta
8) Fire-roasted poblano peppers, Monterey Jack cheese, cumin and coriander sour cream on toasted brioche roll
9) Wild mushroom and pork pate, melted Brie and baby arugula on toasted brioche
10) Seared Hudson Valley foie gras, Grand-cru onion marmalade and Cambozola cheese on toasted brioche
Moor Pat, which Shatzel opened at 78 E. Spring St. in Williamsville near Thanksgiving, recently added a collection of 25 whiskeys, in an effort to make its whisky arsenal as deep as the beer list.
Its menu remains Spar's sausages and hand-cut fries for the most part, though burgers may be added, Shatzel said, as he tries to make Moor Pat into “Williamsville’s craft beer destination, a cozy hangout place.”
Send your restaurant news to email@example.com.