Southern Erie County
High school registration begins Monday in the Springville-Griffith Institute School District.
This week, parents and students may attend sessions from 3 to 7 p.m. Monday or 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday. Another will be held from 7 to 10 a.m. Aug. 27.
Students may complete required forms and learn about bus passes. They will then get their schedules, locker numbers and combinations, and coupons from local businesses.
Those who attend will receive giveaways and become eligible for prizes such as school shirts, hats and mugs; free admission to all 2014-15 school sporting events; a free yearbook; or Griffin Lair gift certificates.
Otherwise, the student forms will be available on the first day of school on Sept. 4.
• The Roadrunners Band performs 1950s rock music at 7 p.m. Tuesday in front of Eden Elementary School on Main Street.
• A meeting of the Springville-Griffith Institute School Board begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library, 290 N. Buffalo St.
• Boston’s Conservation Advisory Council meets at 7:45 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The Eden School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the junior-senior high school’s cafeteria, 3150 Schoolview Road.
• The Man in Black, a Johnny Cash tribute, begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Angola’s Centennial Park. Rain site is the Angola Theater on North Main Street.
• Craig Wilkins and the Western New Yorkers will play traditional country music from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in Fiddlers Green Park, Buffalo and Franklin streets, Springville. Rain site is the Concord Town Hall, 86 Franklin St.
• The Eden Economic Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in Town Hall at 2795 E. Church St.
• Colden Community Farmer’s Market runs from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of the Bread of Life Outreach Center, 8745 Supervisor Ave.