• Published

The proprietor of a popular Cheektowaga restaurant says a discarded cigarette caused minor exterior damage to the restaurant late Sunday night. The business reopened on time this morning.

Milton Koutsandreas, owner of Alton’s Restaurant, 2250 Walden Ave., said the fire started about 10:30 p.m. and a cleaning crew had to temporarily leave the building. The restaurant was able to reopen at its normal time at 6 a.m. Monday.

He estimated damage at $5,000.

Click here to see the comments. Add yours now!