Town of Tonawanda
The Ken-Ton YMCA is accepting applications for its Universal Pre-K program.
Offered five days a week, with morning and afternoon options, this traditional classroom format is designed to introduce academics and enhance socialization, physical activity, communication and creative thinking.
The program is open to all Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda School District residents at no cost and run in collaboration with the district. The child must be four years old by Dec. 1. For more information and an application, call the Ken-Ton School District at 874-8419.
• A work session of the Kenmore Village Board begins at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the mayor’s office at the Municipal Building, 2919 Delaware Ave. A regular meeting follows at 8 in Council Chambers.
• The Frankfurters, a traditional German band, perform at 6:15 p.m. Tuesday on the lawn of Kenmore Middle School, 155 Delaware Road, as part of the fifth annual free Children’s Concert Series.
• The town’s Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 21 at the Municipal Building.
• Performing this week at Brighton Arena, 215 Brompton Road, are Sugar & Jazz, a big band, at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday; and Beatles tribute band BackBeat 64, at 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
• The Clean Air Coalition’s Climate Change Film Series begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Brighton Place Library, 999 Brighton Road, with a screening of “The 11th Hour,” a film that examines the threat of climate change on human life.
• A dog wash to benefit the SPCA Serving Erie County will be held from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday in Niagara Aquarium Pet and Pond Supply Store, 1345 Military Road. Cost is $5 and all size dogs are welcome.