You may want to take a detour and pass by the Seneca Niagara Casino today. Nearly 100 adventurous individuals will be rappeling 357 feet down the building to raise money for Special Olympics athletes.
Participants had to raise at least $1,000, and all proceeds go to athletes of Special Olympics New York.
One notable participant is Joe Dubreville, the former ICE agent who suffered a traumatic brain injury. He’ll rappel in his wheelchair at noon.
Here are some of the other brave participaints that you can catch rappeling 27 stories today from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
• Frank Downing, the Towne Automotive president: 10:10 a.m.
• Kevin Lowes, a Special Olympics athlete: 1:25 p.m.
• Dick Beyers, or “The Destroyer,” a former WWF wrestler: 2:50 p.m.
• Nick Zmuda, a Special Olympics athlete: 4:10 p.m.
• Vince Golda, a Special Olympics athlete: 4:25 p.m.