Get ready for Old Home Days.
The 37th annual festival – with midway rides, food and live performances – returns to Williamsville this week in Island Park, 5577 Main St., behind the Amherst Municipal Building and Village Hall.
It kicks off at noon Tuesday, then a parade starts at 6:30 p.m. and travels along Main Street, from Williamsville South High School to Los Robles Street.
Festival highlights for the week: Wednesday is Youth Day and will include a bicycle rodeo, for children up to age 12, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Town Hall parking lot; on Thursday, Amherst Teen Idols, with Ally Gray and Andrew Harvey, will be in the band shell from 2:30 to 4 p.m., while the Northeast YMCA 5K begins at 6:30 p.m.; Friday is Family Day, with the Down Home Country Cloggers, Kick-N-Rhythm Cloggers, Center Stage Dance Studio and Hot Country Liners Dance Team in the band shell from 4:15 to 8 p.m..
On Saturday, the only event is the fishing derby, from 9 a.m. to noon.
For more information checkout oldhomedays.org.
• The Amherst Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Council Chambers at the Municipal Building, 5583 Main St. A work session begins at 3.
• The Amherst School Board’s annual reorganizational meeting begins at 8 a.m. Tuesday in the district office conference room, 55 Kings Highway.
• A meeting of the town’s Recreation Commission begins at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the Northtown Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Drive.
• The Williamsville School Board’s annual reorganizational meeting begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the district boardroom, 105 Casey Road.
• The Sweet Home School Board will hold its annual reorganizational meeting, followed by a regular meeting, beginning at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Norman C. Vergils Community Center, 1901 Sweet Home Road.
• An Amherst Youth Board meeting begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road.
• Minority/Women Owned Business in Amherst meets at 1 p.m. Thursday in the Municipal Building.