A few of my summer favorite health and fitness picks include:
1. Fit Top: This is the only patented filtering water bottle that lets you mix any additive directly into your purified water without contaminating the filter or the next use. Unlike bottles with filters that sit in the water and are continuously saturated, the BPA-free Fit Top bottle allows the filter to dry and “recharge” between uses to maximize performance with each use. Online: fittopusa.com.
2. Koreball: This product makes it easy to stay fit when you don’t have access to a gym. Portable, safe and comfortable to use, Koreball can be filled with water or sand, depending on weight desired. Standard kettlebells are comprised of a solid metal bell and handle, cumbersome to take along when traveling, and medicine balls have limited range of motion and are often difficult to hold onto for longer than a few minutes at a time. Suitable for all levels of fitness, Koreball provides a comfort-grip, time efficient workout in 30 minutes or less. Online: Koreball.com.
3. The Glo to Sleep: This is designed to help users fall asleep quickly, stay asleep for the time desired and wake up feeling rested, whether for a nap or a full night’s sleep. This unique sleep therapy mask works anywhere, and utilizes specially designed lights called Points of Glo to help slow brain activity and engage deep, natural and restorative sleep. The Glo to Sleep is fully adjustable, comfortable, and completely wireless with no batteries required. Online: sound-oasis.com.
4. Knee Caps: RockTape is known for its kinesiology tape, which helps support muscles during athletic performance. Knee Caps is a new product from RockTape specifically designed to help ensure additional safety for the knees while exercising, offering compression, warmth and lateral stability during movement. Knee Caps are available in three sizes and two thicknesses and have added height for more vastus medialis oblique (VMO) support, a quad muscle that helps to stabilize the patella. Online: rocktape.com.
5. Wet-Nap: Summer heat and humidity can zap energy and make working out very uncomfortable. For fitness enthusiasts or anyone who needs a quick way to refresh, Wet-Nap hand, face and body wipes remove sweat while moisturizing skin with aloe, and are unscented, so you don’t have to worry about an allergic reaction or attracting unwanted bugs. Under $2, the 110-count pack fits right in your gym or work bag. Online: wetnap.com.
Marjie Gilliam is a personal trainer and fitness consultant.