#Sabres have set up an email address for those who want to wish Rick Jeanneret well in his battle with throat cancer: GetWellRJ@sabres.com
â Buffalo News Sports (@TBNSports) July 2, 2014
Buffalo Sabre fans -- and hockey fans everywhere -- were taken aback by the news that Rick Jeanneret is battling throat cancer.
- Alan Pergament's story broke the news Wednesday that Jeanneret has throat cancer and plans to return to broadcast games this season
- Pergament has additional notes from his Jeanneret interview in a Talkin' TV blog post today
- News columnist Bucky Gleason: "Jeanneret's throat isn't just anyone's throat."
- John Vogl caught up with Pat "La-La-La-La-La" LaFontaine and Brad "May Day," players who have been part of two of Jeanneret's signature calls
- Vogl's blog post on LaFontaine includes a VIDEO with a couple of signature "La-La-La-La-La-LaFontaine" calls
- PHOTO GALLERY of Jeanneret through the years
- The hockey world reacted to the news via TWITTER: Players, former players, media, teams, even a mascot and one in Portuguese.
- The Sabres' statement on Jeanneret: "We wish RJ a full and speedy recovery."
Archived News stories:
- Jeanneret's 2012 Hockey Hall of Fame induction by John Vogl
- Profile on Jenneret for his 2012 induction into the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame