• By
  • Published

NIAGARA FALLS – Sweat-soaked clothing is suspected as a factor in burns suffered by a welder who was shocked about 1:20 p.m. Friday at Norampac Industries on Packard Road.

Police said Robert Bulger, 37, of East Oxford Road, Lockport, and another employee were atop a platform welding a pipe when the co-worker observed an electrical arc jump from the pipe and enter Bulger’s body in the abdominal area, exiting with sparks at his upper leg. The co-worker pulled Bulger away from the pipe, police said.

Bulger was taken by ambulance to Erie County Medical Center, Buffalo, where he was listed in fair condition Saturday.

Click here to see the comments. Add yours now!