As you swap out your purse, gym bag or tote for more summer-friendly styles, don’t forget to change up your makeup bag, too. Because, much like clothing, shoes and accessories, your beauty products should switch with the seasons as well.
Here are eight affordable products to make the coming months an absolute breeze.
• Earth Therapeutics Cucumber Eye Care Kit: Bring the spa home with this kit – perfect for a pick-me-up after a day at the beach and before you head out on the town. The kit includes Recover-E Cucumber Eye Pads, infused with cucumber extract and a gel-bead Soothing Beauty Mask, an eye mask that can be secured with a Velcro strap. We feel better already. Get it: $9.99, earththerapeutics.com.
• Bio-Oil: Sunburn got you down? Repair and relieve damaged skin with this formula that hydrates and nourishes with Vitamins A and E, calendula, lavender and rosemary oils and chamomile extract. Hint: It works on burnt scalps and lips, too. Get it: $11.99 (2-ounce), most mass retailers, including Target, Walmart and Ulta.
• Sally Hansen Ouch-Relief Wax Strip Kit: No time to get to the salon before that pool party? No worries. This at-home wax kit is great for novices, with its pre-wax wipes that offer Benzocaine to reduce pain, cloth strips to remove the hair and a finishing oil to get rid of any excess wax and help moisturize. Get it: $6.99, sallyhansen.com.
• G.M. Collins’ Active Exfoliant Powder: If you still need a few exfoliating sessions in the summer, this powder is one to try. When combined with water, it turns into a mousse-like texture with subtle granules that, when massaged into the skin, slough away the old skin cells. Get it: $39, www.gmcollin.com.
• Cleure LM (Loose Mineral) Foundation SPF 20: In summer, keeping your makeup nice and light is key. This powder does triple duty in one product: protecting the skin from the sun’s harmful rays, evening out skin tone and smoothing out those fine lines. Get it: $20, cleure.com.
• Rimmel London BB Cream Matte: If you prefer a cream to a powder, try this version that offers shine control, SPF 15 protection and lots of other benefits in one inexpensive product. Get it: $6.99, US.RimmelLondon.com.
• NYC New York Color Expert Last Lip Color: In the summer, the last thing you want is to have to constantly worry about reapplying your lipstick. Which is why we’re stocking up on these brightly hued long-lasting and moisturizing babies that will keep us looking great no matter how much barbecue we devour. Get it: $1.99, newyorkcolor.com.
• Jane Iredale Golden Shimmer Face and Body Lotion: Give off the vibe of a summer tan — without the damaging wrinkles, with this lightweight moisturizer that gives off a subtle shimmery bronzed look. Get it: $32, shop.janeiredale.com.
Find more fashion and beauty stories and deals on The Online Shopping Report at ShopAtHome.com.