Bennett Beach in the Town of Evans opens Saturday, and will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day through the summer. The beach had been open only on Fridays, weekends and holidays.
“Bennett Beach is a very popular destination for residents and we encourage beach goers to come out and enjoy the natural beauty here,” said county Parks Commissioner Troy P. Schinzel. “We also remind our guests to please obey posted rules, including staying out of the dunes and protected areas, in order to make the beach experience more enjoyable for everyone. Bennett is a great beach and I would like to thank our partners in the Erie County Sheriff’s Office and the Town of Evans Police Department for their assistance in enforcing the rules and helping to maintain the family atmosphere that visitors expect.”
Bennett Beach information:
· Open every day from Saturday, June 14 through Monday, September 1, 2014
· Beach hours 10 a.m. – 7 pm (gates locked at 7:30 PM)
· Swimming permitted only when lifeguards are on duty
· Prohibited items: alcohol or glass containers, fires or cooking on the beach, flotation devices (life jackets, floats, tubes, rafts, etc.), pets on the beach, loud music
· Visitors should discard all trash in receptacles provided
· Visitors should please stay out of dunes and protected areas
For more information, visit www.erie.gov/parks or call 858-7037.