The 150th anniversary of Fourteen Holy Helpers Parish will be celebrated today with song, in a choral concert scheduled to begin at 4 p.m.
Performing in “Total Praise” are the church choir, soloists and alumni, who will present old favorites and new works. There will be featured pieces by Bach and Mozart, among others.
The concert will be held at the church at 1345 Indian Church Road. Admission is free, but freewill offerings will be accepted.
• Employees retiring from the West Seneca School District will be recognized at 5:30 p.m. Monday, in a ceremony in the auditorium of East Senior High School, 4760 Seneca St. A regular meeting of the School Board will follow.
• The Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 1250 Union Road. Preceding the meeting is a board work session at 2 and an Ethics Committee meeting at 5:30.
• “Flow,” an expressionist exhibit of acrylic and mixed media art by Susie Kelly Flatau opens Wednesday at Burchfield Nature & Art Center, 2001 Union Road. The center is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 1 to 4 p.m. Sundays. An opening reception for the exhibit is scheduled for 7 p.m. Friday; the public is invited.
• Friday is the pre-registration deadline for a KanJam tournament for sixth, seventh and eighth-grade students. Hosted by the town’s Youth & Recreation Department, the tournament is scheduled for 6 to 8 p.m. on June 13. Space is limited. For more information and to register, call 674-6086.
• A silent auction of celebrity, sports and local memorabilia on display at Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar, 1050 Union Road, continues through June 15. The restaurant, which is preparing for a remodel, is donating all auction proceeds to Make-A-Wish Metro New York and Western New York.