Orchard Park High School students have left their mark, literally, in the village’s newest coffee shop.
A group of art students helped paint a mural that decorates the inside of SPoT Coffee, which recently opened on East Quaker Street.
They worked together to decide what aspects would positively represent Orchard Park, while also highlighting SPoT Coffee. The mural depicts the natural beauty of the area, as well as important buildings and places around Orchard Park.
Measuring 4 feet by 8 feet, the mural will be a permanent display.
Art teacher Danielle Perla was the advisor for the project. The student painters were Gina Benevento, Liza Tretyakov, Katie Perchaluk, Bradley Jensen, Darianna Borowiec, Abbie Probst, Lisa Koman, Rachel Eye, Emma Stepniak, Julia Volo, Lucy LaPlaca, Elise Miller, Kelly Rosenfeld, Kayla Paolini and Tori Miller.
• The town’s Historic Preservation Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the first-floor conference room at the Municipal Center, 4295 South Buffalo St.
• A meeting of the town’s Conservation Board begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the basement meeting room at the Municipal Center.
• The Orchard Park Public Library will hold a workshop on Kindle Fire Basics from 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday at 4570 South Buffalo St.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Supervisor’s Conference Room at the Municipal Center; a regular meeting follows at 7 in the board room.
• The Orchard Park Lions Club steak roast will be held from 3 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at DeMarco’s Grove, 3964 California Road.