More than 400 students, in grades three through six, signed up for the Lancaster School District’s fourth annual William Street School triathlon, which was held Wednesday evening.
The William Street School was represented by students in grades four through six. There also were third-graders from the districts’s four elementary schools, who will move up to the William Street School in September.
Depending on their grade level, the young athletes swam either 30 or 60 yards, biked one mile and ran half a mile.
“We really look to promote family fun and fitness with this event,” said Molly Marcinelli, principal at Como Park Elementary School.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6:30 p.m. Monday, followed by a regular business meeting at 7, in Town Hall, 21 Central Ave.
• The town Planning Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall.
• The Lancaster-Depew Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition is holding a free event Wednesday to encourage safe and healthy choices for activities this summer. Rain or shine, it will be held from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Lancaster Youth Bureau, 200 Oxford Ave.
Free hot dogs, other refreshments, a bounce house, climbing wall and prizes will be available.
Several groups will display information about their programs. For more information, call the Lancaster Youth Bureau at 683-4444.
• A meeting of the village Zoning Board of Appeals begins at 7:15 p.m. Thursday in the Municipal Building, 5423 Broadway.
• Lancaster Market, which sells locally grown food and handcrafted products, is open twice a week through the end of October. Hours are 3 to 7 p.m. Thursdays at Kate’s Cousins Market, 6183 Broadway; and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sundays at 4913 Transit Road, in the parking lot of Lancaster Lanes. There’s also a garage sale the first Saturday of each month, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Transit Road location.