Six state prisoners, including a convicted murderer from Brooklyn and one from Suffolk County, have been charged with committing crimes against other inmates and corrections officers and allegedly having illegal weaponry at Attica Correctional Facility or at Wyoming Correctional Facility in Wyoming County since December, the New York state police announced Wednesday.
All of them were arraigned before Wyoming County Judge Michael Mohun in Warsaw and were transferred to other state prisons, except for a convicted Westchester County rapist still being held at Attica.
All six face further proceedings in Wyoming County Court in coming months.
• Dorian Moore, 43, of Brooklyn, already serving a life term for a Brooklyn murder conviction, is now also charged with attempted murder, promoting prison contraband and criminal possession of a weapon for allegedly stabbing a fellow Wyoming Correctional Facility inmate in the chest with an edged-metal weapon Jan. 31. Moore is now at Southport Correctional Facility in Pine City.
• Michael Head, 34, of Suffolk County, already serving a life term for a Suffolk County murder conviction, is now also charged with eight counts of both aggravated assault upon a police officer and felony second-degree assault for attacking eight corrections officers at Attica Correctional Facility with an illegal edged-weapon Jan. 22. All eight corrections officers were treated for injuries, but they recovered. Head is now also housed at Southport Correctional Facility in Pine City.
• Jonathan M. Russo, 25, of Brooklyn, serving a lengthy term for a Brooklyn assault, has been charged with second-degree assault for allegedly assaulting an Attica Correctional Facility corrections officer Dec. 11, 2013. Russo is now also at Southport Correctional,
• Steven Pak, 20, serving a robbery term for a Staten Island conviction, is now also charged with promoting prison contraband and criminal possession of a weapon for allegedly having an edged-metal weapon at Wyoming Correctional Facility on Jan. 4. Pak is now at Orleans Correctional Facility in Albion.
• Christian Rivera, 20, of Rochester, serving a Rochester felony weapons conviction, was charged with promoting prison contraband and criminal possession of a weapon for allegedly hiding a self-made edged-metal weapon that a corrections officer at Wyoming Correctional Facility confiscated Feb. 6. Rivera is now housed at Lakeview Correctional Facility in Brocton.
• Kevin Denham, 33, of Westchester, serving a prison term on first-degree rape and burglary and criminal sexual act and second-degree robbery for a Westchester County conviction, is charged with promoting prison contraband and criminal sale of marijuana to other inmates at Attica Correctional Facility in April when corrections officers reportedly seized from him over 25 grams of packaged marijuana. Denham remains at Attica Correctional Facility.