A 49-year-old Olean man pleaded guilty Monday in Cattaraugus County Court in Little Valley to a third-degree rape charge for having sex with a 16-year-old girl in Olean in the summer of 2011 and violating a court order of protection by contacting her again last Aug. 5.
He faces sentencing by Judge Ronald D. Ploetz on July 7.
• Robert B. Maust, 21, of Butler, Pa., pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with second-degree vehicular assault, first-degree reckless endangerment, two counts of driving while intoxicated, and traffic infractions of following another vehicle to closely and speeding for an incident on Route 186 in the Town of Allegany last Oct. 3. District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman said Maust was clocked at speeds of up to 127 mph, and he struck the rear of another vehicle which caused injury to his own passenger. And a test showed he had a blood-alcohol reading of 0.14 percent.
• Robert H. Lytel, 20, of Cuba, and Gregory P. Benavidez, 20, of Allegany both pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging them with third-degree burglary and petit larceny for a Town of Allegany break-in last Sept. 20. Lytel is currently held at the Allegany County Jail.
• Darrell J. Lichy, 27, of Salamanca, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with second-degree assault and reckless endangerment in the first degree for injuring another man during a fight in the City of Salamanca last Oct. 2.
• Sheldon J. Brown, 28, of Pittsford, was sentenced to 60 days in the Cattaraugus County Jail and then five years on probation for his aggravated driving while intoxicated conviction for an incident in the City of Olean last May 18. Ploetz also revoked his driving privileges for a year after his incarceration . At the time of his arrest Brown was found to have a blood-alcohol reading of 0.24 percent, three times the state’s legal limit.
• Alfred L. Hathaway, Jr., 17, of Salamanca, pleaded guilty to a felony count of burglary in the third-degree for a break-in in Salamanca on April 30, 2013 and second-degree burglary and petit larceny for another break-in in Salamanca last Oct. 6. He faces sentencing on both cases July 7.