The Explore & More Children’s Museum will host a week of international crafts and food sampling – from Poland to Burma – during the spring break holiday.
Daily events, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., start Monday with Polish paper cut art, a doll display, a dance performance and a tasting of typical treats.
On Tuesday it’s off to Yemen, to create stained glass with clay, write Arabic words and get a henna tattoo. Wednesday’s nod to Burma includes a dance workshop, Burmese food and face painting. Columbian Thursday features music and making maracas.
The last stop, on Friday, is the Democratic Republic of Congo, with music, dancing and a lesson in its native animals. For more information, go to exploreandmore.org or call 655-5131.
Also this week:
• Roses are the topic of Monday’s meeting of the East Aurora Garden Club, which begins at noon in St. Matthias Episcopal Church, 374 Main St.
• The Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Southside Municipal Building, 300 Gleed Ave.
• A meeting of the village’s Zoning Board of Appeals begins at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall, 571 Main St.
• The town’s Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Southside Municipal Building.
• Absolut Care will host its Easter Egg Hunt at 10:30 a.m. Saturday on its campus at 292 Main St.